Quartz Solid Color Granules To Decorate Floor | 43 Colors
Quartz Solid Color Granules are a natural stone product offering an exceptionally tough, durable and decorative aggregate that make resinous epoxy, polyaspartic, polyurea and urethane flooring as safe as it is ergonomic and decorative. When applied in a single or double broadcast they offer a great looking, long lasting anti-slip surface for high traffic commercial and residential areas.
Quartz Colored Granules are composed of the finest uniformly shaped and sized quartz granules on Earth. This unique product is brilliantly color-coated with a superior resin system and high-quality colorfast pigments to provide optimal durability and extreme performance in the most demanding environments. In addition to their superior resilience to harsh chemicals and UV rays,
Quartz Colored Granules can be applied to achieve many different textures and levels of slip resistance to prevent slip and fall injuries and minimize liability. Choose one of 43 solid colors (shown below) for a single color floor design or create your own custom color blend at no extra cost with any mix of solid colors, your choice!
If you prefer a pre-mixed blend, choose from 30 different Pre-Mixed Quartz Blend Granules.
We offer 2 sizes of quartz granules, Grade 40-S which is most popular. It is a round, spherical shaped granule that is broadcast into the wet basecoat. It is great for both foot traffic and bare foot use around pool decks and other projects. Grade 25-A is a much larger quartz granule than the Grade 40-S and is typically used in trowel application proejcts. It is a sharp, angular granule and offers even more anti-slip performance but not recommended for projects subject to bare foot traffi.
Choose one of 43 solid colors (shown below) for a single color floor design or create your own custom color blend at no extra cost with any mix of solid colors, your choice!
If you prefer a pre-mixed blend, choose from 30 different Pre-Mixed Quartz Blend Granules Quartz Colored Granules sold in 50 lb bags.
How much to use based on project size. Quartz Granules typically applied full broadcast to refusal into a colored basecoat. Full broadcast means granules applied so heavy coating can’t absorb anymore and sit on the surface. Recommend fix all floor imperfections (cracks, holes, spalls) before application.
How to Apply Single Broadcast
- Step 1: Apply colored epoxy basecoat at 100 sq’/gallon. Recommend our HyperREZ UV Epoxy
- Step 2: Broadcast quartz granules at (1) 50 lb bag per 100 sq’ surface area while epoxy is wet
- Wait 20-30 minutes and if wet spots remain, broadcast additional quartz granules until wet spot gone
- Step 3: Apply epoxy topcoat. When HyperREZ tack free, remove all loose granules and apply HyperREZ epoxy topcoat at 80-90 sq’/gallon to cover. May require 2nd topcoat to fully cover granules.
- Can topcoat with optional Aspartic 85 Go Slow (coat 1 at 150 sq’/gal and coat 2 at 200 sq’/gal) or one coat Aspartic 100 at 80-90 sq’/gal to cover. May require 2nd topcoat if granules not fully covered. Aspartic 85 and the Aspartic 100 polyaspartics offer improved abrasion and chemical resistance as a protective topcoat and will not yellow outdoors (Aliphatic).
- If additional anti-slip protection is desired, suggest SSR-20 for least change in appearance.
- For “Double Broadcast” Simply Repeat (No Need For Colored Epoxy on Double Broadcast). Apply Clear Epoxy Over First Layer Quartz Granules At 80 Sq’/Gallon, Re-Broadcast Second Layer Of Quartz Granles To Refusal, Then Apply Clear Polyaspartic Topcoat. Double Broadcast Makes For Thicker, Even Tougher Floor System.
Why Quartz Colored Granules?
- Natural looking Decorative Appearance
- Great for outdoor use with superior colorfastness / UV stability
- Extreme abrasion resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Great for high traffic, heavy-duty environments
- Outstanding slip-resistance qualities
- Extraordinary resilience
- Wide Selection: Choose from 43 solid colors (see below)
- Create-A-Blend option to create your own unique blend any mix colors
- If you prefer a pre-mixed blend, we offer 30 Pre-Mixed Quartz Blend Granules
- Grain Size 40-S Broadcast Grade (40 mesh, spherical)
- Grade Size 25-A Trowel Grade (25 mesh, angular) available for special projects
- USE OUR COLOR VISUALIZER TOOL TO SEE WHAT YOUR CUSTOM BLEND LOOKS LIKE INSTALLED
Where are Quartz Colored Granules used?
Pool Deck areas Garage Floors Banquet Halls Basements Bathrooms Bowling Alleys Butcher Shops Churches Clean Rooms Commercial Kitchens Corridors Dog Kennels Food Processing Plants Greenhouses Grocery Stores Hallways Hospitals Laboratories Laundromats Offices Pool Decks Restaurants Restrooms Retail Stores Schools Showrooms Stadium Hallways Sunrooms Veterinary Clinics Zoos
SIZE 40-S MESH (Spherical) Broadcast Application
(most popular size)
SIZE 25-A MESH (Angular) Trowel Application