E100 Moisture Cured Urethane Aluminum & Steel Primer Finish Coat
E100 Moisture Cured Urethane Aluminum & Steel Primer/Finish is a single component High Performance Coating designed to give unsurpassed performance with excellent corrosion and chemical resistance over sound, tightly adhered rusty steel, metal, aluminum, weathered galvanized steel and fiberglass surfaces.
Able to withstand intermittent dry temperatures up to 400F. Cure in extreme temperatures down to 18ºF and apply in temperatures up to 140ºF. This low viscosity, high “wetting” coating undergoes a rapid molecular weight change as it polymerizes into a high molecular weight finish which provides excellent corrosion resistance and abrasion resistance. Its resistance to creeping, undercutting, and blistering is superior to epoxy primers.
E100 is also a barrier primer or tie coat to prevent lifting of strong solvent top coats over conventional coatings, and most chemical coatings. Has excellent chemical resistance as a Finish Coat to protect metal surfaces in chemical plants, refineries, pulp and paper mills, waste and water treatment plants, electric generating stations, fertilizer plants, food processing, pharmaceutical, ore processing operations, marine installations, etc.
Most generic types of chemical or conventional coatings may also be applied over E100 with excellent adhesion.
Excellent as a universal primer for metal, steel, fiberglass, weathered galvanized metal. Also over old coatings and for polyurethane foam protection. For use over sound, tightly adherent rust where only wire brush or hand tool cleaning is feasible. For remedial painting of fences, metal buildings, hand and guard rails, pumps, pipelines, grating, and other hard to clean surfaces.
E100 is a Fast Cure product for cold weather applying to surfaces down to 38° (needs to remain at this temp or above for at least 1 hour) and then during curing process temperatures further dropping ok to as low as 18°F.
Available in 1 quart, 1 gallon and 25 gallon (25 gallons only ships LTL Freight). Aluminum color.
TOPCOAT: Most Epoxy, Urethane Alkyds, Silicone, Enamels and Acrylic topcoats
Where is the E100 used?
- Metal buildings
- Hand and guard rails
- Chemical plants
- Pulp & Paper mills
- Waste and water treatment plants
- Electric generating stations
- Fertilizer plants
- Food processing
- Ore processing operations
- Marine installations
Why E100 Coating?
- Prime over Steel, metal, weathered galvanized steel, aluminum, fiberglass, polyurethane foam and previously painted surfaces
- Fast recoat 1-2 hours at 75°F & 50% R.H
- Cures down to 18°F dry and apply to 140°F
- High heat resistance up to 400°F dry
- Single component, easy to use
- Topcoat with most Epoxy, Urethane Alkyds, Silicone, Enamels and Acrylic
- Outstanding abrasion resistance CS-17 calibrase wheel with 1000 gram total load and `1000 cycles= 18 mg loss
- Excellent “wetting out” properties over sound rusty surfaces
- Very good weather resistance
- Excellent corrosion resistance, passed 1,200 hours in salt cabinet
- Excellent as barrier coat over lead based coatings
- USDA Approved