E15M Epoxy Mastic Steel Primer DTM & Concrete Coating | Low Temp 25°F
E15M is a two part, high solids, chemical resistant amine cured epoxy mastic. E15M is specially modified with a proprietary blend of selective resins, wetting agents and rust inhibitors. Penetrates to provide exceptional adhesion and protection of steel surfaces, and to upgrade old, deteriorated coatings. Ideal as a coating system over marginal prepared surfaces where blasting is impractical or prohibited. Recommended as a high solids direct-to-metal (DTM) steel and metal primer under a wide variety of topcoats.
E15M is formulated for use over tightly adherent rusty steel and previously painted surfaces limited to hand or power tool cleaning. Although blasting of steel is the best method of preparation, E15M provides exceptional adhesion and protection to non-blasted steel surfaces in any industrial facility. Excellent chemical resistance for spill, splash and short term immersion.
E15M can be used as a high performance primer under epoxy, polyurethane, vinyl, acrylic topcoating to upgrade corrosion resistance in severe chemical exposures. On concrete E15M provides excellent protection as topcoat over a primer.
Regular cure Low Temperature application down to 45°F (air and surface low temperature during curing process). Fast Cure formula available for cold weather applying to surfaces down to 38° (needs to remain at this temp or above for at least 1 hour) and then during curing process temperatures further dropping ok to as low as 25°F.
Easy to apply with brush, roll and airless and conventional spray
Available in wide range of 13 colors COLOR CHART (not all available for E15M – see dropdown color selector above)in 1 gallon kit and 40 gallons (40 gallons ships in eight 5 gallon kits LTL Freight to commercial location only). Available in a regular cure and fast set low temp cure to 25°F.
PRIMER: Recommend concrete primer when applying E15M over concrete. E5015 Epoxy WB Primer or equivalent
TOPCOAT: Most epoxy, polyurethane, polyaspartic, vinyl, acrylic topcoats. For severe chemical environments, topcoat with E517 Epoxy Mastic
Where is the E15M Epoxy used?
- Structural steel tanks and vessels
- Water towers and equipment
- Pipe lines and racks
- Metal buildings, fences, catwalks
- Bridges, railings, fire escapes, etc., in chemical processing plants
- Pulp and paper mills
- Sewage and waste water treatment facilities
- Fertilizer plants
- Petroleum refineries
- Electric generating stations
- Coal handling operations
- Marine installations
- Manufacturing plants
Why the E15M Epoxy Used?
- High solids DTM (direct-to-metal) chemical resistant steel primer or finish coat to steel and concrete
- Self priming to steel including tight rust
- Apply Vertical Surfaces to 8 mils DFT Steel & Concrete
- Great primer for use with our E1500HN (horizontal) and E555VN (vertical) Novolac Chemical Resistant Epoxies
- USDA Approved
- Tight film, low permeability
- Exceptional adhesion Exceeds 500 psi
- Excellent impact resistance Direct 90 in lb
- Excellent abrasion resistance CS 17 Wheel, 1000 cycles, 1000 g Load Result: 21 mg
- Excellent against “undercutting” from rust and build to protect sharp edges
- Easy to apply brush, roll and spray
- Fast cure option for cold weather cure to 25F
- Available in 13 colors