HyperFLEX Quick Cure Low Temp Epoxy
HyperFLEX is a 100% solids, quick cure, flexible epoxy resin coating membrane designed to provide superior flexibility with extremely rapid cure rates for one day system application. Its outstanding bonding and flexibility properties makes HyperFLEX ideal for wood and concrete deck membranes, joint sealing and crack repair (when mixed with Fumed Silica), small crack bridging, flexible grouts and overlays. It is great for low temperature applications and can be applied down to 40F.
HyperFLEX comes in clear or can be tinted with one of 14 Pigmented Colors (pigment sold separately by the quart). HyperFLEX is sold in 2 gallon and 10 gallon kits of clear product. Pigment sold separately in quart containers, amount required depends on color. Pre-pigmented HyperFLEX available by special order with purchase of 60 gallons or more.
Apply HyperFLEX as a base coat at between 10 mils (160 sq/gal)- 16 mils (100 sq’/gal). For application over wood surfaces or concrete requiring a flexible membrane or coating, requires application of HyperFLEX clear at 90 sq’/gallon as a base coat with no pigment or chips/flakes added. This serves as a base and then you would apply your normal coating system as if the HyperFLEX wasn’t there but just the normal wood or concrete.
HyperFLEX is not UV resistant and not meant to be used without a colored topcoat or full flake broadcast.
ONE DAY FULL FLAKE SYSTEM
HyperFLEX can be used by experienced professionals in 70F and above weather as a quick set one day garage, basement and other concrete full chip/flake floor coating system where the goal is “In and out” same day.
To extend working time for the HyperFLEX Epoxy base coat by about 5 minutes, add 5 oz solvent per gallon HyperFLEX (Xylene, MEK, Acetone – use Xylene for best results). This extends working time to about 20 min, typically enough to do a full flake broadcast. Make sure any wet spots that may appear a few minutes after flake broadcast while HyperFLEX is still wet are filled with flakes. Due to the quick curing nature of HyperFLEX, you can walk on the HyperFLEX in only 1 hour (depending on conditions) to complete the project and apply the Aspartic 85 Fast or Aspartic 85 Slow Set Clear Polyaspartic topcoat.
PRIMER: None required.
TOPCOAT: Can apply any epoxy, urethane or polysapartic coating system including HyperREZ, Aspartic 85 or Aspartic 100.
Where is HyperFLEX Quick Cure Low Temp Epoxy used?
- Concrete & wood floors
- Garage floors
- Warehouse, manufacturing and commercial office floors
- Interior concrete joint and crack repair
- Projects with colder temperatures
Why HyperFLEX Quick Cure Low Temp Epoxy
- Tough, Durable Epoxy Coating
- Great for Quick Crack Repair and Control Joint Filler (when mixed with Fumed Silica)
- Can be used as a (1) basecoat for full broadcast floors, (2) flexible membrane, (3) repair gel to fill joints, cracks, & divots
- Superior Flexibility and Outstanding Bonding
- Cold temperature application down to 40F
- Rapid Cure Rate For Same Day System Application
- When used as membrane or basecoat HyperFLEX cures about 2 hours
- When used for fumed silica gel repair cures about 10-15 minutes
- Good chemical and abrasion resistance
- High solids 100%
- Available in clear & 14 colors! (Pigment sold separately)