GroundWorx™ Static Conductive Poured ESD Epoxy Floor Coating | ANSI/ESD S20.20-2014
GroundWorx SF is a budget friendly, static conductive 2 component abrasion resistant water based durable system designed for superior anti-static protection of interior concrete floors, wood, VCT tile in electronics manufacturing, assembly and ESD protected areas. Surface resistivity measures 2.5 x 104 – 3.5 x 107 ohms per square average. System Resistance (w/ ESD Footware) < 3.5 x 107 (fully compliant) ANSI/ESD STM 97.1.
Conforms to ANSI/ESD S20.20-2014 when tested according to ANSI/ESD STM7.1 GroundWorx EC combines permanent conductivity, durability and value for applications requiring an inexpensive, easily installed ESD floor coating. Despite the low cost, GroundWorx SF meets or exceeds all the recommended guidelines for static control flooring ANSI/ESD S20.20-2014. Comes in a two part, 2 gallon kit that installs in a minimum of two coats in a matte finish.
This ESD floor coating was specifically engineered for situations where a substantial investment in high-end flooring might not be justified because the floor space may be temporary or redeployed for other usage in the future. Despite its low cost, GroundWorx ESD Epoxy meets the static control flooring requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20-2014 (S97.1 and S97.2), DOD 4145.26M, HDBK263A.
GroundWorx is a two part polymeric ESD epoxy coating that can be applied by both novices and professionals. Many of our clients actually apply their GroundWorx ESD floor themselves. GroundWorx is extremely easy to repair; it’s ideal for challenging applications like warehouses and fork lift applications. GroundWorx can even be installed in occupied spaces with adequate ventilation.
GroundWorx SF provides a seamless matte finish to almost any sub-floor surface and comes in a 4 gallon kit. Available in 6 colors. Pewter Gray available for immediate shipment. All other colors 2-3 week lead time before shipping.
For floor projects requiring static dissipative performance, please see our Groundworx Static Dissipative ESD Epoxy in the range of 10e6 to 10e9 ohms.
We offer the option to include a 2″ wide copper grounding strip for grounding to earth grounds. Copper is 1.4 mil thickness (2.6 mil thickness with the conductive adhesive backing). Recommend at least 1 grounding strip every 1,000 sq’ of project surface area. See the guide: HOW TO GROUND ESD COATINGS
For cleaning and maintenance of your GroudWorx SF epxoy floor, recommend the StaticWorx TriboClean to clean and renew the anti-static properties. To extend the life of the GroundWorx Expoxy Floor Coating, recommend application of the GroundWorx CoatZF coating.
For floor surfaces subject to heavy wheeled traffic use including forklift and pallet jack traffic, we offer our HB-97.2 Coating System which includes a high performance 2 part 100% solids epoxy basecoat and high solids urethane topcoat for excellent ESD anti-static control in a physically demanding environment. For more information on anti-static floor systems, see our video library.
Where is GroundWorx SF typically used?
- Electronic Assembly
- Test, Repair and Handling
- Data and Telephony Closets
- BGA rework
- Shipping, Receiving, Warehouses
- Leased spaces
- Pallet drop zones
- Box build
- Any space requiring permanent low cost ESD flooring.
Why GroundWorx SF ESD Anti-Static Paint?
- Water – based epoxy, matte finish
- Conductive range 2.5 x 104 – 3.5 x 107 ohms
- System Resistance (w/ ESD Footware) < 3.5 x 107 (fully compliant) ANSI/ESD STM 97.1
- Great low cost solution for concrete, wood, VCT Tile floors
- Extended working time – POT life 6 hours
- Quick turnaround – Light traffic 12 hours after application
- Simple, easy to apply formula for novices and professionals
- Easy to maintain
- See sample ESD Control Program Template for company
- Lifetime Conductive Properties per ANSI/ESD S7.1-2005
- Meets ANSI/ESD S20.20-2014 (S97.1 and S97.2), DOD 4145.26M, HDBK263A
- Provides guaranteed system resistance below S20.20 upper limit of 35 Meg-ohms
- Good chemical & abrasion resistance