AM257P Novolac Epoxy Primer Anti-Microbial
AM257P is a two component novolac epoxy primer with exceptional resistance to a variety of chemicals, solvents and acids designed for application as part of a protective coating system where splash and spills of acids, chemicals, and solvents occur. AM257P offers high solids, good substrate penetration and low odor.
The AM257P Primer reduces air release generation from the substrate when applying higher solids novolac topcoats such as AM253 AM257P Novolac Epoxy Anti-Microbial Primer contains an antimicrobial chemical agent to prevent microorganisms from growing on the surface and are specially formulated to resist mildew growth on the coating film. The dry coating film of these products are mildew resistant, resists mold fungus and resists stains by mold, In addition, the dry coating film inhibits the growth of bacterial odors, resists microbial odor development and retards the growth and action of bacterial odors. As part of routine building maintenance, areas should be inspected for visible mold and the conditions causing the mold should be corrected to prevent mold from growing.
Recommended for priming concrete and cement substrates prior to applying other novolac topcoats. This will result in fewer surface imperfections in high build and self leveling type coating.
Available in 3 gallon and 15 gallon kits and three colors: light gray, medium gray and tile red options.
PRIMER: None required
TOPCOAT: Many novolac products are suitable including our AM253 Novolac Anti-Microbial Epoxy
Where is the AM257P used?
- Chemical process plants
- Pulp and paper mills
- Food processing
- Gas processing
- Power generation
- Sewage and water treatment
- Battery charging stations
- Mining industry
- Manufacturing plants
- Chemical storage areas
- Areas subject to chemical exposure
- Warehouse loading dock areas
- Concrete and brick surfaces subject to chemical spill and splash conditions
Why AM257P Novolac Anti-Microbial Primer?
- Excellent primer companion to our AM253 Novolac Anti-Microbial Epoxy
- Outstanding Spill and Splash Acid, Solvent, Chemical surface protection
- Anti-Microbial Agent Added To Prevent Surface Growth Of Micro-Organisms
- Specially Formulated To Resist Growth Of Mold, Mildew, Fungus On The Surface and helps prevent odors that can result
- Resists wide range of chemicals, solvents and acids
- Excellent adhesion 375 psi
- Long working time with 1 to 3 hour POT life
- Selection of 3 color options