COOL COAT ELASTOMERIC PAINT REDUCES HEAT BUILDUP ON WALL & ROOFS
Rainguard COOL COAT Tint Base is a premium quality, heat reflective paint & thermal barrier high build, 100% acrylic water-based elastomeric waterproofing coating with ceramic sphere technology to reflect infrared radiation that provides insulating benefits in both the summer and winter.
Can be tinted to a wide range of colors using one of 3 available tint bases. Cool Coat offers over 200% dynamic elongation and recovery strength to ensure the coating will move and flex with thermal changes of the masonry surface to help prevent rupturing or cracking.
COOL COAT is vapor permeable yet resists the effects of wind driven rain. It restores and beautifies damaged masonry surfaces and unifies color and texture on new surfaces. Use on new or existing surfaces including block, brick, stucco, cement, concrete, wood, metal and EFIS. Can use on asphalt shingles for cooling surface only, not intended as waterproofer. COOL COAT is quick drying with excellent adhesion and hide.
As a Thermal Paint, Works Like a Liquid Pane Of Thermal Glass. Offers Both Heat Reduction And Cold Protection, Paint Film. To cool in the summer apply on exterior walls or roofs to keep heat out and in the winter to keep heat from escaping outside apply to interior walls.
Cool Coat is an effective insulator by reflecting infrared radiation from whatever surface it is applied to since most heat is transferred by infrared radiation.
For steel, galvanized, aluminum surfaces, first prime with metal primer such as:
High performance premium E100 Moisture Cured Urethane,
Areas with strict EPA rules Pro-Cryl Acrylic Metal Primer
Kynar pre-finished metal roof surfaces Uniflex Metal Primer
For smooth, slick, non-porous surfaces such as vinyl, plastic, polycarbonate, fiberglass, glass recommend bonding primer like Extreme Bond Primer.
HOW TO SELECT A TINT BASE FOR CUSTOM COLORING
Cool Coat is available in 3 different tint bases (Pastel, Deep, Accent) which can be tinted to a wide range of colors by your local paint store. Find a customer friendly paint store who will work with you, select your desired color from one of their 100% acrylic exterior paints, ask them what tint base they would use to tint their paint and then choose the equivalent Cool Coat Tint Base; pastel or deep depending on what color you are wanting to create. Then have your local paint store color your Cool Coat when it arrives. They will mix using the same water based colorant they use to tint other acrylic paints.
Cool Coat Tint Base will color all but the deepest, richest colors which may require an accent or neutral tint base (these are not available for Cool Coat). Pastel tint base is used for the lightest and softest colors and the deep tint base is used for brighter, more intense and many darker colors and accent tint base for the darkest and richest colors. Cool Coat is also available in a Ready-to-Use White Color which requires no custom coloring or Clear Low Gloss for projects where you want to see the base surface color but want the benefit of a cooler surface.
Where is Cool Coat used?
- Construction & Remodel Projects: Exterior building walls, sloped roof surfaces not subject to ponded, pooled water (contact mfg to confirm application if questions)
- Interior and Exterior walls
- Metal roofs
- Metal Sea Container Home Conversion projects
- Metal Handrails
Why Cool Coat Thermal Barrier?
- Reflects Infrared Radiation Using Advanced Ceramic Sphere Technology
- Custom Color Locally Using One of Our 3 Tint Bases
- Create most colors with our Pastel, Deep and Accent Tint Base options
- Lower Cooling Costs in the Summer When Applied to Exterior Walls & Roofs
- Use to cool metal surfaces like handrails in the hot summer sun
- Lower Heating Costs in the Winter When Applied to Interior Walls
- Thermal Heat Reduction & Waterproofing White Color Coating
- Helps cool wall and cool roof surfaces for energy savings
- Superior moisture control performance
- 200% elongation resists cracking
- Great for high mold & mildew environments
- High UV resistance
- Breathable – does not trap moisture
- Apply to 35°F and rising temperature (1.7°C)
- 100% Eco-friendly: low VOC
- 3 Year Material and Labor warranty available
- Cool Coat meets requirements in the Solar Reference Index of material in the LEED 2009 for Construction and Major Renovation (SS Credit 7.1: Heat Island Effect-non Roof pg. 16).
- Additional information on cool roof and cool wall technology: www.energystar.gov andwww.echo.ca.org
The solar reflectance, thermal emittance and SRI value of a wall or roof surface are important surface properties affecting temperature, which, in turn, drives the heat flow through the wall or roof. Cool Coat test results below demonstrate its effectiveness.
|TESTED||SOLAR REFLECTANCE AT AIR MASS 1.5||THERMAL EMMITANCE AT 300K|
SOLAR REFLECTANCE INDEX (SRI)
|CONVECTION COEFFICIENT||COOL COAT||UNCOATED SAMPLE|
|Low, 5 W/m (2) K||101||6|
|Medium 12 W/m 92 K||101||45|
|High, 30 Wm (2) K||101||63|
Solar reflectance determines the fraction of the solar radiation incident from all directions that is diffusely reflected by the surface. The higher the solar reflective value the more efficient the product is in reflecting sunlight and heat away from the building and reducing roof and wall temperature.
Thermal emittance describes how well the surface radiates energy away from itself as compared with a blackbody operating at the same temperature. In warm and sunny climates highly emissive roof and wall products can help reduce the cooling load on the building by releasing the remaining heat absorbed from the sun Scientists use a number between 0 and 1, or 0% and 100%, to express emittance (the higher the number the more effective the coating).
Solar Reflective Index (SRI) SRI is calculated by using the values of solar reflectance, thermal emittance and a medium wind coefficient. The higher the SRI value, the lower its surface temperature and consequently, the heat gain into the building